Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Great 3 day weekend!!

I had a fantastic 3-day weekend and I wanted to share with you some of the highlights!

Friday: It was our turn to host our weekly bible study. We enjoyed BBQ ribs, artisan bread, baked beans, grilled vegetables and home made chocolate chip cookies. I would like to tell you about the grilled vegetables. They were fabulous. Here is the recipe :)

Marinated Barbecued Vegetables

Red and Yellow peppers seeded and cut into chunks
Thinly sliced zucchinis
Fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced

I marinated the vegetables overnight and then my fabulous husband barbecued them on the grill.




I will definitely make these again! They are so easy, beautiful, and delicious!

Saturday: Orlando and I got another garden plot, thanks to our neighbor! We spent the day weeding, planting and just enjoying each-other's company!



Sunday: I spent the afternoon with my Aunt Julie :) We went to PF Chang's for Lunch and then we saw the movie "bridesmaids" It was really funny!

Monday: I don't have any pictures, but I did have fun working on some great scrapbook layouts. I am scrap booking for my co-worker, so I will be posting up some of the pages soon.

All in All, a fabulous weekend!

xoxo, Amy

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! Your garden is looking good and those veggies look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You got alot done! Those veggies look AWESOME! So glad you had such a great time. You will have to share some of your gardens goodness, if we have enough sun! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those roasted veggies look amazing! I love your garden plots. So cool that you get those at your apartment!

    ReplyDelete