Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Mint-Day 5

Tomato, Cucumber and Red Onion salad with Mint

2 large cucumbers - halved lengthwise, seeded and sliced
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 large tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
2/3 cup coarsely chopped red onion
1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
3 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

In a large bowl, toss together the cucumbers, vinegar, sugar and salt. Let stand at room temperature for an hour, stirring occasionally.



Add tomatoes, onion, mint and oil to cucumbers and toss to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper.



This was delicious and so full of color. I will make again.

So while I am only posting 5 days of mint here, I will definitely be searching for recipes containing this herb. I love the color and delicate flavor that it added to every dish. I am definitely a fan.

Hope you enjoyed my "5 days of Mint"....

xoxoxo Amy

2 comments:

  1. I've made salads like that before but never added mint to it! Will have to try it out next time! Loved your five days of mint!!
    -Renae

    ReplyDelete