Thursday, July 7, 2011

Radishes.. What am I going to do with them?


These funny little red roots are quite a mystery to me. Growing up, my dad would grow them in the garden but I never really understood why people appreciated them. I would eat them in salads here and there, but never, on God's green earth, would I imagine buying them. So, when my husband decided we should grow radishes in our garden this year, I was a little worried. So, like I did with mint, I want to learn to appreciate this vegetable by trying out some new recipes. In the next few weeks, or whenever I find a little free time, I am going to try making the following dishes.
  1. Radishes Simmered With Thyme
  2. Radish Cucumber Salad
  3. Asian Salmon Salad With Radishes
  4. Potato Salad With Bacon, Olives, and Radishes
  5. Mexican Ceviche

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you love to cook and try new things! I rarely buy those cute little red balls. I have enjoyed their bite in a salad, but usually tried to make radish roses for a pretty decor on the serving plate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to try the radishes simmered with thyme. Mickey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a greek pasta salad recipe w/ radishes in it. Its pretty good. Excited to see which one you like best! My mom's been giving me radishes already and I'm also not sure what to do with all of them :) Like the blog look, its fun experimenting...

    ReplyDelete