Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Winter Wreath Makeover

With winter just around the corner, I decided I better start making something for my front door. My fall  "shoes off" sign is cute, but it soon will need to be taken down and put in the "fall decor" bin :) I found this old Christmas wreath at the thrift store for $3.


I then took off all of the old musty Santa decor and the actual wreath part looked in pretty good shape.


I then decided to make this a "use what I have" craft. I found some blue ribbon and snowflakes that I had bought last year. I think it turned out pretty nice :) And it was really fun to make. It was my first wreath that I have ever made. I am inspired to make one for every season :)





Thanks for stopping by!
Amy

5 comments:

  1. Pretty wreath! I have been thinking about making a winter wreath. Matt likes the green ones because they smell so nice, but somehow I feel guilty buying a huge green Christmas wreath.

    Don't worry, your baby will not only be my favorite March baby, he will be my favorite boy baby! Everyone else I know is having girls. I hope I can come over soon! Are you having a baby shower?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Think it looks great. I love cheap do overs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renae we have to come up with a different word than cheap....remade with style? I love what you did Amy. Ribbon with snowflakes. Yummy. Personally styled redo? I guess cheap is best. Affordable? This is kind of sounding like speech therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool! When I was little I made a wreath by bending a metal hanger into a circle and then tying on little strips of fabric all over it - I remember it being so much fun and it looked pretty neat!

    ReplyDelete