Saturday, April 9, 2011

Turkey in April

I know what you are thinking...Turkey in April? Well you see, my husband brought home a turkey from work in November but my Auntie Julie ended up already have a huge one for Thanksgiving so ours wasn't needed. So, this frozen 15lb bird has been taking up half our freezer for the last 5 months, and I HAVE HAD IT! So, I took it out to thaw on Thursday and Friday I found the "perfect turkey" recipe at allrecipies.com. Did my turkey turn out perfectly? Honestly the outer part was delicious but inside was still a bit raw.. bummer! But hey, at least it looked pretty right??


So, what do you think? If we are going on looks only, I must say.. wow! :)

3 comments:

  1. looks can be deceiving dear. It was raw in the middle. I hope we dont get salmonella poisoning. ha ha. I still love you dear. its your labor of love that counts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a huge turkey in our small freezer too! Ben got it for free from Costco but I am too intimidated by it. Maybe I should make it so we can have some freezer space (for ice cream!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely! Use a meet thermometer and cook longer....no salmonella friends. So glad your freezer now has space! Thanks for sharing your blog address with me!

    ReplyDelete