Monday, January 9, 2012

I love Crock Pots!!

Yes, random post, I know. But really, crock-pots are amazing! I have used them from time to time in the past but recently they have been a life saver! About two months back we bought a 1/4 of a cow. We realized through our monthly budgeting that we spent SO much money on meat. When Orlando's co-worker told us he was going to be butchering cows and if we wanted to buy a 1/4 we decided to give it a try and see if it would save us money in the long run.

The only problem is, I really don't know how to cook red meat! Whenever we would buy it I would marinate it and Orlando would BBQ it. Give me chicken and I will whip you up a dish, but I didn't grow up eating much red meat so I am not very confident with how to cook it. So, I pulled out the good-old crock pot and gave it a whirl! Everything has been SO yummy! I just throw a chunk of meat in there (still learning all the different names for the different parts of the cow) throw a marinade sauce (this can seriously be an assortment of sauces and dressings from your fridge) and some veges and by the time I come home from work the house smells delicious and dinner is ready! Orlando was incredibly sceptical of this "white people cooking gadget" but he has loved everything that I have made. I feel like "crock-potting" is going to be a great mommy tool too. Throw it in in the morning, and forget about it until dinner time!


Happy Crock-Potting!! :):) If you have any amazing recipes, please share!

Amy

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE CROCKPOTS! It is my favorite way of cooking. Energy in the am gave me an evening meal! I make chicken, roast, your mom's meatball dish, many winter soups. I own two! :)
    I will gather some recipes for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not super good at using crockpots, need to work on it. I love the beef stew my mom used to make, should get the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Usually I make beef stew or soup once a week with my crock pot. I don't even put it away anymore...it just sits on my counter top. Let me know if you have any suggestions on sauces and marinades! I usually just use chicken broth and a can of diced tomato with my chuck steak and veggies.

    ReplyDelete