Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Project Baby Room: Dresser Makeover

This dresser is VERY old. It was my grandpa's, then he gave it to my dad, then it was my brothers for many years, then when I moved to the downstairs room at home, it became mine. It used to be dark blue, then about 5 years ago we painted it white. But, over the years the white started to look a bit dirty. When my mom asked if I wanted it for the baby room, I thought "oh this would be a fun project!!" Also, dressers are expensive and I figured if I would save a TON of money by just buying paint and new handles. I wish I would have taken a before picture, but I got excited to start and completely forgot.

Step 1: I washed and scrubbed that dresser so hard that I could have served dinner on it!

Step 2: I took out all of the previous handles that were on it to make it easier to paint.

Step 3: I laid out each piece on plastic in our garage.



Step 4: I used the same Benjamin Moore white paint that we used on the ceiling, window edges, and closet doors in the baby room. Can you notice how much nicer the bright white looks compared to that dirty white color from before?



Step 5: We went to Lowes and found darling new handles for the dresser. They were only 87 cents each!!

Step 6: We put on the handles...

And... ta-da!!! I wish you could see the transformation from old to new because it looks 150% better. I was thrilled with how it came out. I probably spent about $20 on the entire re-do and now I have a HUGE fantastic dresser for all my little boy's clothes, blankets, toys, etc!







Have a nice day!

Amy

4 comments:

  1. Aww! The baby socks are so cute! I especially love the ducky ones...

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! All that storage will be great! ... and the clothes are just darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! and I recognize that bank! :)

    ReplyDelete